About the Event
This free members-only club event will be held on Sunday 18th November at 11:00AM at Old Bega Racecourse.
The principle behind handicapping is to aim for all runners to finish at about the same time. This is achieved by allowing the slower runners to begin before the faster ones. This is more enjoyable for slower runners who are not immediately left behind, and challenges the faster ones who will have someone to chase.
Handicapped start times will be set by the organising committee member and will be calculated using the two “best times” you have recorded during the current parkrun season.
The 5 kilometre course will be a two-loop route around part of the Bega parkrun course.
- This is a members-only event – if you are not a club member, please join online before completing the entry form
- Entry is via the online entry form only (please scroll down this page)
- Online entries close at 1:00PM the day before the event – late or on-day entries will not be accepted
- By entering Sapphire Coast Runners club event entrants agree to the Club Events Terms & Conditions
- 10:45 AM – Compulsory event briefing at start
- 11:00AM – Staggered starting times according to handicap
- 12:00PM approx – Presentation
- Lunch – members and friends are invited to meet for a BBQ at the Bega Country Club (BYO BBQ supplies)
Other Event Info
- lease bring your own water bottle to start as no aid stations are provided
- Members are encouraged to wear their SCR club shirts to this event so we can get some group photos – learn more about ordering club merchandise
Phone: 0409 156 809