With a rising interest in running and physical activity for children in the local area, Sapphire Coast Runners are proud to facilitate a weekly Kids Run Club .
- Wednesdays during school terms, 4:30pm – 5:30pm
Subject to weather, and availability of coaches
Cancellations or changes to kids club are announced via our Facebook chat group
- Ford Park – Ocean Drive, Merimbula
- Junior members or children of senior members – join now
- With a focus on fun and participation, Kids Run Club sessions will involve a warm up run, simple exercises and run drills, some run efforts and a cool down.
- Kids Run Club will be organised and led by committee members who hold a working with Working With Children Check (WWCC).
- FREE for junior members or children of senior members – join now
WOW! What a huge success our first official trail event was at Merimbula’s Mandeni Golf and Fun Park today!
Sincere thanks go out to all the awesome people that made it happen
- Peter and the crew at Mandeni for their awesome location and making us so welcome
- Club Sapphire for providing the post-run BBQ supplies
- The tireless Sapphire Coast Runners committee for their ongoing commitment to bringing great running events to our community
- SportsPower Bega & Merimbula for on day spot prizes
- Our on-day volunteers: Steph Auston, Kim Loveday, James Lukassen, Brett Roberts, Tammy Edmonds, Davina Hewes, Peter Dickson, Richard Lane, Geoff Pursell, Donella Roberts, Glenn Edmonds, Skylar Roberts, Barry Hewes
- Each and every entrant, and their supporting friends and family
And YES, we will be making this a series… so expect an announcement soon about the next SCR Trail Event!
Sapphire Coast Runners invites members and their family/friends to participate in a fun urban rogaining event.
Rogaining is a team activity for people of all ages and levels of fitness. It is a orienteering type event and is a great way to explore around the local area (in this case Merimbula and Mirador). It involves navigating your way around on foot to various checkpoints within a set period of time.
Date: 9:00am on Sunday 24 June 2018
A briefing, including a full explanation of the event and maps will be provided at 9:00am. Participants will set off running/walking at 9.30am sharp.
Meeting point: Merimbula Visitor Information Centre
Event categories: Teams elect to participate in either the 90-minute event or the 3-hour event, which will run simultaneously.
Teams: Entrants must be in teams of 2, 3 or 4 people (although this can be more if it is a family). Please note, the team members must stay together at all times.
Cost: As this is a club event it is free to enter, though at least one person in each team (typically the team captain) must be a financial Sapphire Coast Runners member – join now.
Entries: A team captain who is a SCR member and 18+ years must complete the online entry form prior to the event to enter their team. By entering Sapphire Coast Runners club event entrants agree to the Club Events Terms & Conditions. If you have any questions about this event beforehand, please feel free to ask Michelle van der Voort or Andy Gibbs.
Prizes: Prizes will be awarded to the highest point-scoring teams in both categories, plus spot prizes (including one for best team photo taken during the event – winner to be decided by the organisers).
Compulsory gear: Teams must carry a mobile phone and hydration as well as the provided course map and questionnaire.
Navigation & Checkpoints
- The navigation in an urban event requires some ability to read a street map, so it is not difficult navigation but should be considered when selecting your team (it’s a great active, social outing with friends, but not if you are fighting about getting lost!).
- ‘Checkpoints’ are locations marked on the map and you will need to look out for some feature, and answer the questionnaire about what is at that point.
- Teams may visit any checkpoint and in any order.
- The aim is to collect as many points as possible during the nominated time.
- The point value of the checkpoints varies, with the most distant and most difficult to access checkpoints being worth the most points.
- Fast runners will not necessarily get the most points, if their planning and navigation is bad.
- The course is set up that teams that walk the event should be able to access a large number of checkpoints during the allocated time.
This is a FREE event open to all current financial members of Sapphire Coast Runners.
Participants will be allocated a “handicap time” prior to the event with the aim being for all participants to finish in a time close to each other.
Please assist in the allocation of times by RSVP prior to the eve nt.
Date: 28 January 2018
Time: 2:00 PM
Where: Bega Athletics Track
RSVP: Join Facebook event or, email Glenn
There will be a BBQ / social drinks at the Bega Country Club (Tarraganda Lane) following the completion of the event.
Come along for some fun and to meet fellow members of SCR!
Local runners are invited to get together for a fun night group run with a Christmas theme on 21st December in Merimbula.
Meet at Sun Deck to hydrate and ‘light-up’ beforehand, then we’ll set off about 8:30 for a fun 5km (or so) lap around town and Fishpen spreading some Christmas cheer.
Everyone is invited to get creative with their Christmas costume and adorn themselves with Christmas lights – let’s have some fun 🙂
The Christmas countdown officially starts 1st December, but instead of opening up the first window in your Advent calendar (or perhaps as well as), try Advent running.
Advent running is a fitness challenge designed to help keep you motivated over the Christmas period.
The aim is to go for a run (or another physical activity) for at least 30 minutes every day from December 1 until Christmas day. It doesn’t matter how far or how fast, just as long as you’re moving.
Recovery is important, so on normal rest days you might choose gentle cross training or walking in place of running.
Will you take on the Advent running challenge?
Join 2018 challenge event on Facebook