CALLING ALL SCHOOL STUDENTS, STAFF AND FAMILIES!
We’re very excited to announce a special prize up for grabs for participating school teams taking part in the Merimbula Fun Run on 27 May 2018.
All school teams (with at least 6 entrants) will go into the draw to win an exclusive group run clinic conducted by elite long-distance runner Steph Auston at your school.
Some local schools will already have a team set-up, so you simply need to search for that team name when registering online.
If your school does not yet have a team set up, please contact your school administration to ask if it is possible for them to create a team, which they can do simply through the online registration system.
We hope you can spread the word through your school community, and tag your school friends to prompt them to come and join you.
Register online or set-up your team
The 2018 Merimbula Fun Run course has changed significantly from prior years. The course still takes in the beautiful views of the lake and coastline from along Beach Street to the Merimbula Wharf.
The changes were necessary to reduce costs (primarily traffic management) and to decrease volunteer marshall requirements to help ensure the future viability of our event.
View the new course route
On Sunday 10th June 2018 (Queens Birthday long weekend) we are organising a progressive 20km long run for our club members and friends.
The 20 kilometers will be covered by completing 4 parkrun freedom runs in one day. Starting with 5km at Merimbula at 7am, followed by 5km at Bega at 8:30am, 5km at Batemans Bay at 12 Noon and finishing with 5km at Huskisson 3:30pm.
There is absolutely no requirement to run all four 5km courses, you can do any number, joining in wherever you wish.
All runs will be parkrun freedom runs. No official results will be sent and completed runs will not go towards your parkrun run counts.
Travel and accommodation are by your own arrangement, and car pooling is recommended.
Please RSVP by one or more of the following methods:
On Friday 6th April we invite our 2018 Run for a Reason Challengers and SCR members to join together for a casual social get-together at Merimbula Lakeview Hotel.
We’ll catch up upstairs from 6:00 for a casual drink, and those that wish can stay on for dinner.
RSVP: Join Facebook event or email us to let us know you can make it.
Our annual Run for a Reason Virtual Challenge is held during March, which sees $10 of every registration donated to a local charity.
In the aftermath of the Tathra bushfire disaster this year’s nominated charity OzHarvest Sapphire Coast and the Sapphire Coast Runners committee have decided the donation will be made to the official Bega Valley Shire Council Mayoral Appeal Fund.
If you would like to donate to this appeal, see below for details:
Mayoral Appeal Fund
Bank transfer details:
Account number: 837535154
Credit Card details
Phone (02) 6499 2345 during business hours (9am to 4.30pm)
Sapphire Coast Runners is holding a Trivia fundraiser night on Friday 13th July 2017.
Date: Saturday 14th July 2017
Venue: Club Sapphire Auditorium
Time: Doors open 7:00pm, for a 7:30pm start
Price: $15 per adult, $10 per child
Teams: Up to 8
Tickets: Drop into Club Sapphire or call them on 6495 1306 to book a table or purchase tickets. Tickets can also be purchased direct from committee member Belinda Cardwell.
This is sure to be a fun night, with proceeds helping Sapphire Coast Runners to continue to stage events and coordinate activities that get people in our local area involved in running.
Join the Facebook event
Help support Sapphire Coast Runners by buying our very own Sapphire Coast Runners labelled wine in our 2018 wine fundraising campaign.
Sapphire Coast Runners Inc. will earn $40 for every 12 bottles sold during the fundraiser, which will assist the club to continue to stage local running events.
Orders will be delivered directly to Merimbula NSW 2548 for collection from 26 March 2018 – PLEASE select FREE Pickup at Checkout).
Shipping direct to your door is available for online orders only at additional cost and calculated at checkout.
Please contact your fundraising organiser Donella Ph 0404 427 457 if you require any further information.
Orders close Wednesday 14th March 2018 with pick-up & deliveries commencing approximately 26 March.
Order online now
Registration is now open for the 2018 Run for a Reason Virtual Challenge!
The virtual challenge event sees participants setting a personal goal to run or walk a set number of kilometres (e.g. 10km, 25km, 50km, 100km, 150km, 200km, 250km), that they may complete all in one go, or throughout the nominated challenge month being 1st to 31st March.
Learn more and register online now
The inaugural Christmas Lights Group Run is on Thursday night 21 December 2017.
We’re meeting at Sun Deck in Merimbula prior, ready to set off at 8:30 PM.
For more info:
- Those taking part in this activity do so at their own risk.
- Please remember, this run is an un-timed group run/walk for fun, it is not a race.
- There are two road crossing which are made twice at toward end of route, when participants cross Beach Street at Market Street end and cross Alice Street when travelling along Main Street. Participants must slow down and take extra caution at these crossings, being sure to watch for and give way to cars.
- Otherwise the route should be travelled entirely on the footpath
- Participants are asked to keep left and give way to other path users.
The 5km route has been selected so that our happy band of runners and walkers get to cross paths with one another multiple time, no matter their speed, and so that we stay in busier areas of town to spread our Christmas cheer with the public. It also offer opportunity for runners and walkers to shorten their course and finish earlier if they choose.
View Strava route
- Start at the seahorse at corner of Monaro and Market Streets.
- Travel South out over bridge, then turn left into Fishpen Road.
- Carry along Fishpen footpath to end of foot path at old slipway.
- Return along same path continuing past start and travelling on footpath in front of shops on Market Street to corner of Market and Beach Streets.
- Turn right into Beach Street, passing between playground and Waterfront Cafe.
- Head past Visitor Centre and War Memorial then travel full length of Beach Street on footpath to corner of Main Street.
- Return at this intersection on same path back to Market Street and Beach Street intersection.
- Cross Beach street (take caution), to turn right to travel up Market Street on footpath in front of shops to Top Fun end.
- Turn right into Main Street and travelling on footpath cross Alice Street (take caution) and continue in front of RSL until the paver bricks on footpath end at Eastern side of RSL building.
- Turn back and travel back on same path back to start.
- Finish at the seahorse at corner of Monaro and Market Streets.
Local runners are invited to get together for a fun night group run with a Christmas theme on 21st December in Merimbula.
Meet at Sun Deck to hydrate and ‘light-up’ beforehand, then we’ll set off about 8:30 for a fun 5km (or so) lap around town and Fishpen spreading some Christmas cheer.
Everyone is invited to get creative with their Christmas costume and adorn themselves with Christmas lights – let’s have some fun 🙂