Entry is available to senior Sapphire Coast Runners members only.
About the Event
This event sees entrants take on a challenge to complete multiple 8km loops in Yellow Pinch area of South East Forest National Park, just West of Merimbula.
The loops are completed solely on hilly fire trails, with approximately 280 metres of elevation gain per loop.
- Loop 1-2 run anti-clockwise
- Loop 3-4 run clockwise
- Loop 5 run anti-clockwise
Entrants will be required to locate a hole-punch out on course each lap to clip their lap card.
- Conqueror of the Pinch – 5 loops in Under 5 hours
- Finisher of the Pinch – 5 loops in Under 7.5 hours
Full five laps – 1.5 hours per lap.
Must be started before:
Lap 2 – 1.5 hours
Lap 3 – 3 hours
Lap 4 – 4.5 hours
Lap 5 – 6 hours
- Feel the Pinch – 3 loops in Under 6 hours
3 loops – 2 hours per loop.
Must be started before:
Lap 2 – 2 hours
Lap 3 – 4 hours
- Participate the Pinch – 1 loop in under 3 hours
- 7:45 AM – Entrants park at Millingandi Road (Northern end, please car pool)
- 8:45AM – Compulsory event briefing at start (3km hike from parking area)
- 9:00AM – Event start
- 4:30PM – Event cut-off
General Event Info
- This is a members-only event – if you are not a club member, please join online before completing the entry form
- Entry is via the online entry form only (available on this page). On-day entries will not be received
- By entering Sapphire Coast Runners club event entrants agree to the Club Events Terms & Conditions
- There is no parking at event start/finish
- Parking at Millingandi Road (Northern end) – car pooling recommended
- There is a 3-4km hike into start line and out after finishing – The hike is similar conditions to the event, being hilly fire trail, therefore you should allow at least 1 hour to make your way to start line
- No aid stations on course – However runners will be able to have drop bags at the start/finish that they can access after each loop
- As you pass through the checkpoint after each loop you will need to check-in, this ensures monitoring of cut-offs and tracking of entrant lap times
- Stopwatch will be used for timing, with entrants lap times recorded as come into the checkpoint and then back out again for each lap
- Mandatory gear will be checked before the race and participants will not be allowed to race without all mandatory gear.
- Hydration pack/water bottles/bladders – minimum 1litre water to be carried each loop
- Mobile phone
- Rain jacket
- Thermal top
- Emergency blanket
- Compression bandage
- Warm clothes for walk in and after race
- Trail shoes recommended
- Steve Isles
- Phone: 0419 746 726
- Email: email@example.com
This is a members-only event – if you are not a member, please join online before completing the entry form.