‘Challenge the Pinch’ is a new event in our Trail Run Series being held on Sunday 28th October 2018.
Entry is available to senior Sapphire Coast Runners members only.
About the Event
This event sees entrants take on a challenge to complete multiple 8km loops in Yellow Pinch area of South East Forest National Park, just West of Merimbula.
The loops are completed solely on hilly fire trails, with approximately 330 metres of elevation gain per loop.
- Loop 1-2 run anti-clockwise
- Loop 3-4 run clockwise
- Loop 5 run anti-clockwise
As entrants pass through the start/finish after each loop they need to check-in, to ensure monitoring of cut-offs and tracking of lap times.
- Conqueror of the Pinch – 5 loops in Under 5 hours
- Finisher of the Pinch – 5 loops in Under 7.5 hours
Full five laps – 1.5 hours per lap.
Must be started before:
Lap 2 – 1.5 hours
Lap 3 – 3 hours
Lap 4 – 4.5 hours
Lap 5 – 6 hours
- Feel the Pinch – 3 loops in Under 6 hours
3 loops – 2 hours per loop.
Must be started before:
Lap 2 – 2 hours
Lap 3 – 4 hours
- Participate the Pinch – 1 loop in under 3 hours
7:40 AM – Park at Millingandi Road (Northern end)
7:45 AM – Group departs parking area on foot to hike 3km to start
8:45AM – Compulsory gear check and event briefing at start area
9:00AM – Event start
4:30PM – Event cut-off
General Event Info
- This is a members-only event – if you are not a club member, please join online before completing the entry form
- Entry is via the online entry form only (available on this page)
- Online entries close at 1:00PM the day before the event – late or on-day entries will not be accepted
- By entering Sapphire Coast Runners club event entrants agree to the Club Events Terms & Conditions
- There is no parking at event start/finish
- Parking at Millingandi Road (Northern end) – car pooling recommended
- There is a 3km hike into start line and out after finishing – The hike is similar conditions to the event, being hilly fire trail, therefore you should allow at least 1 hour to make your way to start line
- No aid stations on course – However runners will be able to have drop bags at the start/finish that they can access after each loop
- As you pass through the checkpoint after each loop you will need to check-in, this ensures monitoring of cut-offs and tracking of entrant lap times
- Stopwatch will be used for timing, with entrants lap times recorded as come into the checkpoint and then back out again for each lap
- Mandatory gear will be checked before the race and participants will not be allowed to race without all mandatory gear.
All mandatory items MUST be carried into start and depending on conditions you will be advised at briefing which are essential to be carried on course.
- Hydration pack/water bottles/bladders – minimum 1 litre water to be carried at start of each loop
- Food/nutrition – at least 1 food portion to be carried at start of each lap
- Mobile phone – must be fully charged
- Compression bandage
- Emergency blanket
- Rain jacket
- Thermal top
- Warm clothes for walk in and after race – may be left in drop bag at start/finish
- Trail shoes recommended
Phone: 0419 746 726
This is a members-only event – if you are not a financial member, please join online before completing the entry form.