On Sunday 10th June 2018 (Queens Birthday long weekend) we are organising a progressive 20km long run for our club members and friends.
The 20 kilometers will be covered by completing 4 parkrun freedom runs in one day, Starting with 5km at Merimbula at 7am, followed by 5km at Bega at 8:30am, 5km at Batemans Bay at 12 Noon and finishing with 5km at Huskisson 3:30pm.
There is absolutely no requirement to run all four 5km courses, you can do any number.
All runs may be recorded as parkrun freedom runs. No official results will be sent and completed runs will not go towards your parkrun run counts.
Each event will run as follows:
- Before running each parkrun, a volunteer will explain the course to anyone who isn’t familiar with it.
- All runners will SELF TIME. Your times will not be recorded by volunteers.
- 50 minutes have been allowed for each 5km to ensure those that want to walk have enough time to complete all 4 courses.
- It would be great if runners could wait/cheer on the last runners/walkers before travelling to the next location.
- Travel is by your own arrangement.
- As much as possible, we will seek to keep to the stated timetable.
Timetable for the day
- Run Merimbula parkrun course starting @ 7:00am
- Travel to Bega (travel time approximately 30 minutes)
- Run Bega parkrun course starting @ 8:30am
- Travel to Batemans Bay (travel time approximately 2 hours + 30 minute, includes buffer for coffee stop)
- Run Batemans Bay parkrun course @ 12:00noon
- Lunch 1:00 – 2:00
- Travel to Huskisson (travel time approximately 1.5 hours)
- Run Huskisson parkrun course @ 3:30pm
- Overnight in Huskisson or travel home – own arrangements
Recommended equipment for the day
- GPS/stopwatch to record your own times
- 1-2 pairs of running shoes and socks
- 1-2 sets of running clothes
- Water bottles
- Gels, fruit, energy bars or other snacks
- Warm jacket and wet-weather gear, as required
For those choosing to stay in Huskisson on Sunday night this is by your own arrangement. We recommend booking Huskisson Beach Motel which is just across road from the parkrun start/finish.
Sapphire Coast Runners will make a group dinner dinner booking at The Huskisson Hotel, which is 100 metres walk from Huskisson Beach Motel. Meals are at own expense.