What is Run for Reason?
SCR’s Run for a Reason is a month-long virtual challenge event that helps you set and achieve your running goals while raising funds for a local charity and supporting Sapphire Coast Runners to encourage health and wellbeing through the sport of running.
The virtual challenge event sees participants setting a personal goal to run or walk a set number of kilometres (e.g. 10km, 21.1km, 42.2km, 50km, 100km, 150km, 200km, 250km), that they may complete all in one go, or throughout the nominated challenge month being 1st to 31st March.
Participants can walk, use the treadmill, run outside or participate in another race, completing their nominated kilometeres when and wherever they like.
Where do the proceeds go?
In 2016 and 2017 $10 of every Run for a Reason registration will be donated to OzHarvest Sapphire Coast.
OzHarvest Sapphire Coast collects excess food from local food providers and distributes that food to not-for-profit organisations. Food goes into community cafes, food hampers or is available from charities and helping agencies for those in need.
The balance of the registration fee covers the costs of registration processing, medals, postage and administration with any remaining proceeds allocated by Sapphire Coast Runners Inc. to aid hosting other running events and initiatives that assist in encouraging health and wellbeing in our communities through the sport of running.
How do I enter?
- Entry is via online registration
- Online registration opens 9:00am 1st February
- The entry fee is $30 with members of Sapphire Coast Runners Inc. receiving 10% discount – join now
- Payment method for online entries is via credit card or Paypal. If you do not own or have access to a credit card Australia Post have a facility where you can purchase a prepaid card that can be used for online purchases
- Entrants must accept the Virtual Challenge Terms and Conditions
- Online registration remain open throughout the challenge, until 14th March 23:59pm.
What awards are on offer?
All SCR Run for a Reason Virtual Challenge entrants receive a medal engraved with their nominated kilometres on reverse side.
Medals are posted to the address provided on registration during early April.
How are challenge results tracked?
As this is a Virtual Challenge event and works on an honour system you do not need to report your tally and organiser’s will not verify track or verify results. All participants will receive a Finishers Medal, regardless of whether you record or share your run results.
RFAR Challengers are invited to join:
- SCR Run for a Reason Facebook event where you may share their progress
- SCR Run for a Reason Strava group
Please view the challenge tracking page which includes the latest strava stats and runs and link to the participants list.