Sapphire Coast Runners is delighted to present our first trail run series events, launching in 2018!
It is our intent to conduct our Trail Run events on a bi-annual basis, launching with our first event at Mandeni Family Fun Park on 29 April 2018.
It is intended that each event in the series will offer different distances, track options, and award categories – ensuring that all abilities and levels are catered.
Events in the trail run series will be open to all runners and walkers including members and non-members. Trail running experience is not necessary with generous cut-off times allowing runners and walkers of all abilities to participate.
SCR Trail Run Series – Event 1 Mandeni
Date: Sunday 29 April 2018
- 10km Mandeni Cross Country (minimum age 14 years)
- 2km Kids Trail Run (under 14 years of age)
- Entry fee includes post-run sausage sizzle
- 10km Trail (open to 14+ years)
- $10 – Sapphire Coast Runner Member (can join on day for $24 + $6 joining fee)
- $20 – Non Member
- 2km Kids Trail (under 14 years)
- $5 – members and non-members
- Mandeni activities available at extra cost – see website
- Enter online now
- 9:30am – Arrival and collection of race numbers
- 9:45am – Compulsory 10km briefing
- 10:00am – 10km START
- 11:45am – 2km Kids briefing
- 12:00pm – 2km Kids START
- From 12:00pm – Family BBQ
Sausage sizzle included for all registered entrants (show your race number).
BBQs also available to cook your own
- Both courses start and finish at Mandeni club house
- Courses are well marked with directional arrows and kilometre markers
- Tracks are primarily single track, windy, rocky and sandy underfoot, with many exposed tree roots and uneven surfaces – please take care and maintain high visual awareness
- Tracks will be closed to bikers during event
- Follows Mandeni XC Track (White Track) in anti-clockwise direction
- Enjoyable, runable, though challenging trail course
- Elevation gain is approximately 150 metres
- Two bike gates and one road crossing will need to be navigated, several narrow log crossing will be made, including one over water
- If you have not crossed road at marshall point (approximately 7km) by11:45am you will be instructed by marshall to return to start directly via main entrance road
2km Kids Trail
- Follow easy bike route (pink track)
- Some undulations, though not extreme
- Easily completed by all ages with adult supervision highly recommended
- Parents and welcomed and encouraged to accompany kids – please note mandatory gear requirements below
- Race numbers will be provided to all entrants
- Timing will be by stopwatch
- Results will be posted on Facebook page and website later on day
- 10km entrants and supervising adults for 2km kids event must carry compulsory items, which will be checked on day:
- Well fitting closed shoes – while trail running shoes are not compulsory, they are recommended
- Compression bandage
- Charged mobile phone
- Mandeni trail map – provided on day
Please note that no water or food available on course, therefore it is recommended to carry water and snack in case of unforeseen delay on course.
- 10km 1st, 2nd, 3rd Male and Female – branded trail series prizes
- Participation prizes for all kids
- 1st time official trail event entrants go in draw to win spot prizes on day
- Online entrants go into bonus prize draw (please enter online for your chance to win)
How can I enter?
- Online entry is preferred and available until Saturday 4pm prior to the event
- On-day entry strictly available from 9:30 – 9:45 (with limited entry period on day, online entry is preferred)
- All entrants must accept Sapphire Coast Runners waiver when entering, and sign Madeni waiver on-day prior to receiving their race number
- Enter online now
If you are not running, though wish to support this event we are seeking volunteers to assist on the day.