For entrants 18 years and over: By completing the entry form, I certify I have read and accept the terms and conditions for participation in this event.
For entrants under 18 years: By completing the entry form, I certify I am the parent/ guardian of this entrant who is under 18 years and I give my consent for them to participate in this event. I accept the terms and conditions for participation in this event on behalf of the entrant and declare them as capable of completing the event they have entered.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- By agreeing to these terms and conditions, entrants release event organisers, from all claims connected with participation. Entrants indemnify the event organiser, sponsors, volunteers, and employees involved in this event directly or indirectly against all liability for any and all injury, loss or damage connected with the entrant’s participation.
- For an entry to be valid, entrants must complete the entry form, accept the terms and conditions and pay the required entry fee prior to the commencement of the event.
- Entry is only valid for the details listed on the entry form and is not transferable.
- By entering this event, entrants consent to their personal information being:
a. Recorded by Sapphire Coast Runners Inc. You further consent to receiving information about Sapphire Coast Runners Inc. events and special offers and promotions.
b. Provided to the contracted timing services provider for the purposes of processing results.
c. Provided to Athletics Australia Ltd and Athletics NSW for the purpose of registering you as a recreational running class of member. You further consent to receiving information about the iRun program & Athletics NSW including details of other events and special offers or promotions.
d. Used by Sapphire Coast Runners Inc. for media publication and announcement of results.
- Entrants consent to royalty-free use of their name, result, image, photographs, video and comments in any publications and marketing in relation to this event by event organisers.
- Entrants accept that participation in this event is at their own risk and they accept that participating in this event may involve real risk of injury or death including but not limited to: over exertion, dehydration and accidents with other participants, spectators or road users.
- Entrants declare that they are physically fit and capable of participating in this event. They are not aware of any medical condition or impairment that will prevent participation in this event or will affect their health by participation. If an entrant becomes aware of any such condition or impairment or they are injured or sick prior to the event, they have the opportunity to withdraw. All entrants will provide event organisers details of any medical or other condition that may be relevant should medical treatment be required or may affect their participation in the event.
- Entrants agree to abide by any advice given by the event first aid officers regarding their health and consent to receive and pay for any medical treatment, including transport by ambulance, required before, during or after the event.
- Entrants acknowledge that should they withdraw for a non-medical reason or should the event be cancelled or changed due to reasons beyond the control of the event organisers such as safety reasons or extreme weather conditions, the entry fee is non-refundable.
- Entrants acknowledge that refunds or transfer of entries will only be made up to 7 days prior to the event and will only be given for a medical reason supported by a medical certificate. In this case a $5 administration fee will be deducted and if a race pack has been sent out, the entrant must return it to the event organiser at his or her own expense prior to refund or transfer being processed.
- Entrants must wear the official race bib, clearly visible on the front of the torso at all times during the event. Failure to do so may result in an entrant not being recorded correctly in event results.
- Entrants consent to follow all directions by event organisers and remain on the designated course as marked and directed by marshalls.
- Entrants must walk or run unassisted. Bikes, skateboards, scooters, rip sticks, rollerblades or similar items are prohibited. Those with strollers and non-racing wheelchairs are requested to start from the back of the field. Strollers and similar devices must meet Australian Safety Standards and have appropriate safety restraints.
- Pets are not permitted, except in case of assistance dogs. Entrants with assistance dogs must advise the event organisers upon entering the event.
- Entrants indemnify event organisers for any loss or damage to personal property left at the event area or bag drop area. People leave belongings at own risk.
- Course cut off times will apply. Any entrant who is unable to complete the course by the cut off time may be asked to leave the course by event organisers.
- While every effort is made to accurately record and publish results, entrants accept that a small number of errors may occur. Where possible, verified timing errors will be corrected.
- Prizes will be awarded to valid entrants crossing the finish line in the designated categories and finishing positions detailed online at www.sapphirecoastrunners.com.au. To be awarded one of the prizes, entrants must be registered by the event organiser and must present themselves at the presentation ceremony to claim their prize.
- Entrants accept that the event organiser’s decision is final and that no correspondence will be entered into.